I went shopping into Dundee yesterday but unfortunately I didn't actually buy very much. I only had about £30 with me which can usually buy me an entire wardrobe but because I had certain items to buy in a certain time limit, I only got 4 things for £28 which is a big overspend for me.
My first stop was at Barnados where I picked up two Cd's for £1.99 each. The first one I got was the Fake Sound of Progress by the Lostprophets who I had heard from a friend were really good. I've already listened to it and its amazing, exactly the sort of music I like and found myself singing along after ten minutes. I found another copy of it in HMV and it was £5 so I think I got a pretty good deal since it was in mint condition, never been opened.
The second CD I got was Dude Ranch by Blink 182. I like Blink 182 (that was the only reason I bought it) but I wasn't a really big fan of this album when I listened to it. The audio clarity was good and it played all the way through so I might pass it onto one of my brothers since they like that sort of music. I also found it for £5 at HMV but the leaflet thing you get inside it was pretty torn up and wouldn't open without ripping the paper.
The second shop where I actually bought something (I went into like 30 different shops just looking) was DW Sports above the JJB gym and they had a sale on a lot of the trainers. I was originally going to get something from Brantano for £22 but they didn't have it in my size and said it was going to take 3 weeks to order them in. Thankfully, I said no since I found these ones for £13.99 reduced from £35.They are Pro Touch Elexir JR Lace and the soles have a lot of grip which will be good for when I go running on cross county.
The last I got was this knit jumper from TK Maxx. It's actually a men's jumper that I just happened to spot as I passed by to look at the beanies while my mom was looking at coats. It's got Aztec printing on it and is kind of colourful and grandpa-y (I know that's not a word, my vocabularies just not big enough) which gives a really nice grunge/indie affect when worn right. It was only £10, half price so I just bought it since I'll need one for winter time anyway. The label says FYI but (I actually went and googled this) I can't find any company online that sells clothes called FYI. Maybe the names changed or something?
(Sorry but I can't seem to get this photo the right way round so I give up - just tilt your head to the side if you want to see it properly.)
So there you go, that was my shopping trip. I'm actually pretty disappointed when I think that I only got 4 items for £30 but they were mostly really good quality and I'm in love with 3 of them. Sorry for taking so long to upload but it was the last week of school before October holidays last week so I've been frantically finishing overdue homework pieces for all my teachers.
I just wanted to finish this post on something cool since it's been pretty boring so here's a music video I found the other day about thrift shopping (if you're under 12, cover your ears as there is some bad language.)
No comments:
Post a Comment