Okay, so I got the idea to start a Blog a couple nights ago when I was lying in bed pondering the deep mysteries of the universe (as you do when it's one in the morning and you're extremely overtired) and I thought, 'I'm a reasonably interesting person (not to be big-headed or anything). Surely, there has to be a few people there who is interested in my experiences and opinions.'
Why am I so interesting, you ask?
- I overuse brackets (all of my past english teachers have found it really irratiting - one of them even used to moan when she saw me coming and nicknamed me "the bracket girl".)
- My right thumb is double-jointed at the hinge.
- I am fourteen years old and "deaf".
- I have lived in 3 different continents and travelled around the world several times (I use several as an estimate. You don't actualy expect me to sit here and figure out exactly how many times I've flied on a plane, do you?).
Okay, so you're probably wondering why I tend to overuse brackets, right? (Number 1, people, seriously keep up!) Well, too bad 'cause I'm going to explain number 4 to you instead.
Due to various personal reasons, I moved countries more than the average child. It's not a bad thing - I learned a lot about different people and their cultures as well as other useful things. Instead of trying to explain to you my timeline in a mix of numbers and words, I made a sort of graph/chart.
Pretty cool, huh? I did the colours and everything myself - no need of 'paint fill', thank you very much.
It shows where I've lived, from what age and how many years. I actually made this when I just turned 14 for a school project about myself but never ended up using it (You should have seen the shit I actually handed in, my history teacher's mind was blown. He'd never realised that shit could be so crap.)
You probably want to know more about me, right? (By the way, most questions I ask will be rhetorical.) Well, I'll just give you the basic bullet points, anyway.
- I was born on Valentines Day.
- I love to eat raw cookie dough.
- My faviourite food is lasagne, like Garfields.
- I like to kayak and swim - infact, I like most watersports that involve falling in at some point.
- I'm quite good at decorating cakes and cupcakes. (Pictures to follow.)
- I always think my grammar is atrocius untill I look at my classmate's work and have a mental breakdown revolving around the idiots who live on this planet..
- My voice/accent is very strange. I don't like talking too much with people I don't know because I feel like my voice is breaking (Can girl's voices break? Or is it just boys?)
- I play keyboard (not very well).
- I know some sign language but would like to learn more.
- My music taste ranges from progressive rock legends like Freddie Mecury from Queen to more indie and alternative stuff like Noah and The Whale.
- One type of music I cannot stand is brass which is ironic since both my brothers play tuba and quite a few of my friends also play instruments in Britain's Best Brass Band. It just sounds like a bunch of really loud horns to me. (Maybe I'm just too young, foolish and naive to appreciate good music when I hear it - either way, I bring my iPod with me to their perfomances and, when all else fails, earplugs.)
- I am a young leader with the local beavers (age 5-7).
- I babysit occasionally and am always looking for new ways to make money.
- I'm on the girls football (or soccer as you Americans call it) team.
- My faviourite type of show has to be either sitcoms, detective or medical ones.These include: Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Suburgatory, Mock The Week, Russel Howard's Good News, the Mentalist, Monk, NCIS and Mystery Diagnosis.
Come on, even my magic eight ball agreed this guy was hot. Why can't he be The Next Bachelor? He's certainly charming enough, or at least his character is.
I'm not sure what else to put on my first blog post (my little brother's also threatning to keep humming until I get off). So follow me or whatever else my other fellow bloggers do (mrph, like I'm supposed to know what to do, I'm the new kid on the block.).
Sincerely, triangle_girl*
*I don't actually know how you're supposed to finish a blog post, so for now I'm just going to end it with the same sort of goodbye you put at the end of a letter (Although, god knows who still writes letter since even my gran has email.).


No comments:
Post a Comment